Tampa Bay Rays News and Links: Consecutive Bullpen Days Are Not Good
Matt Andriese exited early and an already taxed bullpen had to work most of the game
Last night, the Rays were just seven outs away from victory. But a three run lead quickly evaporated as two of the surest arms in the Rays bullpen over the past few weeks (Danny Farquhar and Chase Whitley) combined to allow seven runs as the Rays fell, 9-5 to the Rangers.
Matt Andriese had the start, but exited early with what would be announced as a mild groin strain. Chih-Wei Hu, who was promoted prior to the game, pitched two scoreless innings. He would be demoted following the game. The Rays also promoted Hunter Wood from Double-A for the game, he’d make his MLB debut in the eighth inning and retire the lone batter he faced, Wood would be promptly demoted back to Montgomery following the game. Corresponding roster moves have yet to be announced.
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) May 31, 2017
- Suspensions were handed out for the Giants-Nationals brawl from Monday, Bryce Harper received four games while Hunter Strickland received six games
- Mike Trout is on the DL and will be for two months, that really sucks
- Former Florida Governor, Jeb Bush, is reportedly out of the running to buy the Miami Marlins. His partner, Derek Jeter, however is looking for other investors
- Corey Dickerson doubled off a pitch the bounced before it hit his bat
- Chris Archer takes the mound tonight as the Rays will take on the Rangers in the series finale of their three game set
Comments are closed.