Outdoor activities in Tampa
When it comes to New Year resolutions exercise and healthy eating is the first thing we all think about during this month and we are always looking to get into a gym membership and pay hundreds of dollars for a commitment that (let’s be honest) we find hard to keep up with. So why not trying free classes or outdoor activities that can give us just as the same results, without those packed classes with not too handy scheduling, and even better not having to pay for it.
In Tampa, there are several activities to choose from, like riding your bike downtown in the city or even rent a bike for a very affordable price like:
“The coast bike share”: located around Downton Tampa, easy to find and see, since they are located in lines of 10 or more with an indistinctive blue color.
For more details visit: coastbikeshare.com
Walking, jogging, or running at the park the choice is yours! In any of the great parks around the bay area in very good conditions bike paths as well as playgrounds for kids and even activities like kayak renting and museums like:
1. The upper Tampa Bay park: With kayak renting and a museum plus the amazing deck view.
Location: 8001 Double Branch Rd, Tampa, FL 33635
2. Cypress point park: next to the bay, great view, and playground for kids.
Location: 5620 W Cypress St, Tampa, FL 33607
3. Al Lopez Park: right next to the Raymond James Stadium, with a decent bike path and a quiet environment even though is right next to the main road.
Location: 4810 N Himes Ave, Tampa, FL 33614
4. Curtis Hixon waterfront park: with free monthly concerts, grass gated playgrounds, and a creative fountain.
Location: 600 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
5. Ballas point park: with a water playground, a pier and a very yummy ice shop for a refreshment after having a blast.
Location: 5300 Interbay Blvd, Tampa, FL 33611
But if you are looking for something more instructor included kinda thing, Yoga in the park at downtown Tampa can be the option for you, by having a class every Sunday (unless skipped due to an event or weather permitting) the only thing you have to bring is a yoga mat and a peaceful mind ready to exercise.
The classes are located at:
“Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park”: Located at 600 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602, they also offer private classes on a studio nearby the park, with classes like Vinyasa flow, Hatha yoga, yoga flow, and even aerial yoga.
You can support the class with a suggested donation of $5 at the park.
To learn more about the scheduling details and hours visit: yogadowntowntampa.com